Sunday, 28 February 2016

Finished Chalkboard Cross Stitch and I made a Rag doll.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well and finding time to stitch or knit something for yourself, I have at last finished the chalkboard cross stitch pattern which I shared with you in the previous post.

Pattern by Lynn B at Happiness is Cross stitching.


As you can see I have yet to finish how I am going to display it, I may do a fabric border I have not decided yet but I will share a picture in the next post.

I am still stitching  Jane and the Happy Crow pattern I started which is coming along nicely I will have pictures to follow on that one next time.

But I must show you my Rag doll I made which I am quit pleased with


I have not given her a name yet, I am sure Suzie my Grand daughter will think of one when I show her tomorrow.


The clothes can be removed I put a press stud on the back of the blouse and elastic around the waist of the skirt, I also made some knickers in the pink spotted fabric too.


Then I used Aran yarn from my stash for the hair this is the part I find difficult to do next time I make one I will use chunky yarn, there are a few other changes I would make which is fine but all in all this is the first time I have made a doll with fabric.
If you have followed my blog over the years in older posts you may remember I have knitted dolls like the one at the top of the blog and I have crocheted one too, I think the pictures for those are still on my Flicker page and Revelry page.

This was fun to make though and I cannot wait to see what Suzie thinks.


Till next time
Happy sewing or knitting.

Julie x

3 comments:

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Your rag doll is adorable Julie. Suzy will love it. Be sure to tell us the name she picked out. The cross stitch turned out lovely.

Gabri Ercole said...

so lovely your cross stitch work!!and beautiful your doll I m sure your nephew love it and find a good name!!love

Julies.C said...

Hi Gabri Ercole
Thank you so kind, I have not thought of a name for the rag doll yet.
Julie.C x

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *